Life in the world today is generally much harder than it was before. Every day we hear of wars, rumors of wars, political unrest, disturbances. In fact, nowadays, it seems like most hardships in life are absolutely beyond control with the Covid 19 Pandemic, lockdowns, and economic hardships.
But, as Christians, all hope is not lost!
In times like this, it is only the Sacred Heart of Jesus that can offer us comfort and make us truly joyful. Amid the turmoil and challenges, leave your heartaches to Him and He will take care of it and give you true peace in return.
Here are some of the reasons why your devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is your ticket to a life of consistent joy and happiness.
What is the Significance of the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus?
The Sacred Heart of Jesus represents Our Lord Jesus’ undying love for mankind. Our Lord Jesus’ Sacred Heart burns with unquenchable flames of love for us. It is our sure refuge amid the storms of life.
In Jesus’ Sacred Heart, we will always be loved, appreciated, comforted. Many people who commit suicide do so because they lose hope - they lose hope because many thought that nobody in life loved them any longer. In times of despair, we should always turn to Our Lord’s Sacred Heart. In that most pure Heart, we will always feel loved, valued and appreciated - no matter what! Jesus’ love for us can never ever be surpassed by the love of any creature in this world.
Why Do You Need To Be Devoted To The Sacred Heart?
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a demonstration of our love and devotion to Him.
If it seems like you are in a dark place at any time of your life, the Sacred Heart of Jesus is always at your rescue. He will be there to shelter you from the storms of life and give you peace of mind and heart. And you can begin by saying a prayer like this:
"O Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I love and adore you with all my heart because you first loved me. I want you to purify my heart and make it acceptable unto Thee. Give me comfort in all my afflictions and help in my temporal needs. Protect me and my loved ones from all evil and keep my heart humble before thee always that I may be totally immersed in your will. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I call on thee to be my help. Amen."
Jesus Gave 12 Magnificent Promises To Those Who Have Devotion To His Sacred Heart
If you want to be a partaker of the blessings of these promises, then as a Christian, you must stay devoted to the Sacred Heart. Here are the 12 beautiful promises of Our Lord Jesus to those who are devoted to His Sacred Heart
- I will console them in all their troubles
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven upon their enterprises
- Tepid souls shall become fervent
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life
- I will be their refuge during life and more importantly, in death
- Sinners will find in my heart the source of joy and infinite mercy
- I will give peace to their family and unite families that are divided
- Anyone who promotes this devotion of the Sacred Heart will have their names written on My Heart, never to be erased
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to My Divine Heart, the gift of touching the most hardened hearts
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection
- I will bless those places where the image of My Heart will be honored and exposed and I will imprint My love on the hearts of people who wear the Sacred Heart image on their person
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in My disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Irrespective of the challenges that life throws at you, as a Christian you are never disadvantaged because the Sacred Heart of Jesus is all the assurance you need to get through life’s ups and downs.
Stay in the Heart of Jesus, and every day and you will live a life of unending peace and extravagant joy! Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!